Who We Are
Dietswell Factorig Offer 12 Services
A study of the personnel qualifications and competencies will be carried out to verify the abilities of the different entities working on the unit to perform drilling operations. The job includes:
- Key personnel interviews
- In-activity direct observations
- Personnel stress and issue response
- Adequacy vs Job Description
DIETSWELL FACTORIG Offers operators technical advice when it comes to selecting a new Rig for their drilling campaign. It is essential for the Operator to know if the rig being hired is fit for carrying out the Drilling Program safely with minimum NPT possible. We believe that independent “Pre-charter surveys” are an essential and worthwhile in providing a review of the contractors equipment, and identify possible conflicts that would adversely affect the smooth operation and safety during the drilling campaign. This would considerable reduce time for tender evaluation.
The pre-hire survey consists of a Short visit in order to spot the major show-stoppers and give an overall recommendation for the following points:
- Major show-stoppers for Operator’s drilling program
- Current status of the Rig and assessment of reactivation work to be performed prior operations
- The rig specifications meet client’s requirement
- Assessment Maintenance management
The scope will cover the following:
- Review major certificates and documentation
- Review maintenance history and PM system
- Visual condition of the equipment
- Perform basic function tests if possible
- Assess reactivation scope of work and highlight major issues to be taken care of before start-up
- Review of certificates and documentation
- Review maintenance history and PM system audit
- Visual condition of the equipment
- Intrusive inspections of equipment including critical measurements and clearance to ensure equipment is running within recommended tolerances.
- Perform function tests, pressure tests, load tests, insulation tests etc. if possible
- Review compliance with major international standards (API, MODU, LOLER, ASME, IEC, etc.)
- Review compliance with company standards and contractual requirements
- Executive DROPs and Ex survey
- Verification of safety devices in place
- Spare parts review
Prior operations start, it is recommended to test the asset by simulating at best the actual drilling conditions that the operator will encounter during his program. DIETSWELL Factorig can provide a range of experts (mechanical, electrical, operational/HSE and Well control) to ensure that the Rig is fit for drilling.
The scope of work will cover all the tasks of a normal Rig inspection with additional intense testing sequences for the following systems
- Drilling equipment
- Rig floor and Structure
- Mud system
- Marine equipment
- Bulk System
- Power plant
- Electrical equipment
- Safety equipment
- BOP and Well control Equipment
The following test can be performed:
- SIT (System Integration test or “endurance test”)
- Hosting test
- Rotating test
- Low pressure and High-pressure circulation test
- Power system test (Emergency shutdown, load sharing, power limit, etc.)
- Well Control tests (Pressure tests, BOP Drawdown test, etc.)
Commissioning & Rig Intake
When an operator is taking a new rig into his fleet it is important to ensure that the asset will be ready for operations without any issues coming out of the shipyard.
DIETSWELL Factorig provides Commissioning and Intake services for operators to ensure that the construction and the installation work is carried us to the required standards whilst using our expertise to assure clients that performance and acceptance standards will be met.
Our commissioning staff are fully conversant with the latest technology available for Automatic drilling systems and MUX control systems associated with well control. Inspection and quality control of new installations and upgrades projects are essential in preventing additional commissioning costs, failures of, and damage to equipment and smooth transition from installation to operation. As part of the intake, DIETSWELL specialists can provide a complete inspection and quality control management system, this includes full documentation i.e. electrical, instrumentation, communications and mechanical construction/pre-commissioning.
FAT’s are as well a crucial part of a good intake project, failure to establish strict Inspection and testing disciplines prior to dispatch from the vendor can result in Project Delays, increased commissioning costs and premature failure of equipment in service. To alleviate the workload on in – house engineering teams we can supply qualified engineers to witness, report and verify that acceptable testing has been conducted for the relevant mechanical and electrical systems.
Subsea & Well Control Audit
DIETSWELL Factorig provides extensive inspection of well control and subsea systems through experts with experience in last generation units.
It is extremely important for the operator to know that their BOPs and associated well control systems are properly maintained, with correct certifications and regularly tested as per international standards and company regulations.
The scope of work covers the following:
- Review of FAT’s
- Review of documentation and certifications
- Review of Maintenance system for the well control equipment
- Visual inspection and internal inspection
- Pressure testing of BOPs
- Inspection of Marine Riser and associated equipment
- MPD (Manage pressure drilling) inspection
- Drawdown test
DIETSWELL Factorig has moved forward the oil and gas industry and we are now offering advice on all HSE issues. HSE Services has been set up in their base in Abu Dhabi to assist companies in all HSE related matters.
Services offered but not limited to:
- Planning for health and Safety
- Accident and Incident investigation
- Health and Safety Auditing
- Emergency Response
- Permit to work system auditing and monitoring
- Safety performance Measurement
- Health & Safety Policy Writing
- Safety Case review
DIETSWELL Factorig proposes an HSE Enhancement Thru Rig Integrity Workshop in their offices in Abu Dhabi or Paris. The aim of this training is to impart much of the knowledge FACTORIG has accumulated over a number of years in rig inspection programs.
Attendance of the course will help personnel recognize the standards achieved by their own rigs, those items where common failures occur, and particular areas of concern, such as dropped objects, equipment non-destructive testing and electrical equipment in hazardous environments.
People who will find the course beneficial – Drilling engineers, HSE engineers & Advisors, Drilling Supervisors, Maintenance engineers & supervisors (Electrical & Mechanical).
Some reasons to choose FACTORIG’s HSE ENHANCEMENT THRU RIG INTEGRITY training course:
- Introduction to International Standards with regards to drilling equipment
- Improve your knowledge regarding drilling equipment
- Improve your ability to identify hazards at the worksite
- Improve the QHSE Risk Control
- Be able to advise on maintenance performance on Drilling Equipment by Visual inspection and Factorig’ s tools
- Share experiences during the course with other industry experts and with Factorig Instructors
Control System & Software audit
For high tech drilling units control system are a major component of the Rig potential issues that could lead to NPTs and Safety issues.
For such surveys DIETSWELL Factorig has in place a partnership with Kingston Systems.
They offer the following services:
- Software MOC
- Alarm analysis
- Alarm reconciliation
- Cyber security solutions
- Cyber coaching
- Sensor verification
Kingston System already share its experience and competencies to TOTAL, SHELL, SAIPEM, CHEVRON, TRANSOCEAN, MEARSK, SEADRILL, SIPCO, ADMA, ENI, HUSKY, REPSOL, etc.
Kingston System inspectors are experienced consulting software engineers that bring a perspective to the field that challenges the status quo of acceptance and conformity. This means that they challenge the industry norm and push for improved control system quality and standards. Kingston Systems supports industry improvement in these areas through active participation in relevant IADC and SPE committees.
Dropped Objects continue to account for the majority of actual and potentially fatal incidents in the upstream oil and gas industry. In fact, dropped objects (also known as falling items and material fall) are among the Top 3 Causes of death and serious injury across many industrial sectors. DIETSWELL FACTORIG has extensive experience in providing DROPS survey. We can provide Rope Access with Remedial DROPS survey, but during our rig inspection we can perform a less extensive assessment focusing on the major items and DROPs management system of the contractor.
The objective is to focus on the critical zones (DERRICK/SUBSCTRUCTURE/CRANES) and to spot major critical items.
- ZONE 1 – TRAVELLING EQUIPMENT
- ZONE 2 – A-FRAME, CROWN & WATER TABLE
- ZONE 3 – CROWN TO MONKEY BOARD
- ZONE 4 – MONKEY BOARD TO RIG FLOOR
- ZONE 5 – SUBSTRUCTURE & BOP DECK
It is widely recognized that the condition of electrical equipment in hazardous areas is of prime importance to the safety of a unit. From a full inspection, to the formulation of a database to capture all the electrical equipment in hazardous area on an installation, Factorig can provide the personnel and experience necessary to audit and assess the rigs equipment to the required safe standard and to comply with international standards.
A fully trained ATEX standard of compliance Inspector who has completed COMPEX EX 1 to EX 4 in date will be required to carry out the review with assistance where required with the rig maintenance personnel.
The scope of work will cover the following:
- Evaluate the condition of the EX equipment, identify any non-compliance or areas of concern.
- Equipment circuit identification is correct
- There are no unauthorized modifications.
- Bolts, cable entry devices (direct & indirect) and blanking elements are of the correct type, are complete and tight.
- Flange faces are clean and undamaged and gaskets if any are satisfactory.
- Flange gap dimensions are within maximum values permitted.
- Breathing and draining devices are satisfactory.
- Zoning respected as per IP15 or API 505
Thermographic survey is an Infrared Electrical Inspection which can detect system overloads, loose defective components and damaged switchgear extremely efficiently through locating overheating components, and other potentially dangerous problems and defects quickly. Heat signatures for new and existing systems can be captured and cataloged for future evaluations of degradation, wear and preventative maintenance measures.
These issues can cause operational downtime, safety hazards, and damage to critical systems. Commonly overlooked and found defects are loose terminations, faulty fuses, defective breakers, damaged switches, and overloaded or even unbalanced circuits. Most electrical equipment and components heat up prior to any type of failure.
These inspections can detect and document signs of early failures and most often are combined with timely, effective repairs. It allows maintenance personnel to take corrective action before critical equipment and system components fail. Some Key Benefits:
If required, a DIETSWELL FACTORIG qualified and certified team would perform a thermographic survey on critical pieces on equipment.