TELECOM ANALYST – Brazil Resident (Expat) or Brazilian
- Perform proper and comprehensive definition of Telecom and Network needs.
- Follow the installation of systems and network for the provision of telecommunication services.
- Execution Projects for Telecom Infrastructure Evolution and provide solution to peculiar technical problems.
- Operate and Maintain Telecom Infrastructure: Data and Voice services (mainly Cisco services), Radio Communications, Microwave links and other systems in the scope of Telecom on the Petroleum sites.
- Supervise and Operational Control of contractors.
- Supervise the Quality of Service of third parties (Maintenance contract, Operators).
- Monitor systems to guarantee on the availability, operability and performance of the telecom infrastructure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Implementation of Telecom infrastructure Projects
- Perform detailed engineering specifications of projects with a view to meet desired objectives, as well as facilitate compliance with company’s recommendations, and international/national rules and standards.
- Recommend technical architecture and solution to affiliate construction Pre-Projects and/ or Production field development to enhance compatibility of new installation with existing telecom infrastructure.
- Participate in head office-driven pilot telecom projects and studies that could have some impact/implications for company.
- Supervise and Coordinate the Operation and Maintenance of the Company’s Telecom Infrastructure
- Ensure the continued Availability of Telecom Equipment by planning and implementing preventive maintenance.
- Ensure and direct (with appropriate prioritization) repair interventions on Equipment in case of Faults or Breakdowns.
- Ensure the Optimal Stocking of Equipment spares or parts and other Telecom Consumables.
- Participate in the Studies and Implementation of the Telecom aspect of Oil & Gas Development Projects.
- Define and implement the Telecom links required for Drilling Operations and petroleum projects.
- Define the functional interfaces between Telecom systems and Equipment with other Company’s facilities: Electrical Power Supply, Instrumentation, and Production facilities.
- Propose new evolutions in system and network design to IT operations manager and implement validated proposals.
- Follow up with relevant agencies of government or external organizations issues bothering on payment for licenses, rent of facilities.
- Supervision and Control of Telecom Operations and Maintenance
- Set and supervise the work/activities of the telecom Operations and Maintenance , and define priorities.
- Define procedures to harmonise the operations between all sites.
- Ensure that Telecom installation and Maintenance Activities respect HSE Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure the Proper Execution of Service and Maintenance Contracts
- Monitor Contract performance to ensure compliance with SLAs.
- Escalate in time critical/important issues regarding contract execution.
- Develop good relationship with Service and Maintenance contract supervisors and Materials suppliers.
- Technical relationships with telecom operators.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent
- 4-5 years’ experience in Telecom network installations and operation, two of which should preferably be within the Oil industry Upstream sector.
- Very good reporting, communication, and task prioritization skills
- Fluency in English Language.
- Knowledge and use of computer drawing and office applications.
- Experience of team working and control is important.